This blog post will help you prepare for the special Surveying Principle Examination. A comprehensive summary of surveying equations and topics is provided to help you answering the questions based on the California Test Plan for the Surveying License.
The following is a suggested strategy for the actual exam:
- Have all references & Codes organized before you start. Also, familiarize yourself with the comprehensive summary provided in this book.
- Start a timer at 2 ½ hours and begin working.
- Read the questions and ALL answers carefully and look for KEYWORDS in the question and the 4 possible answers.
- Solve the easy questions first (need no or minimum calculations) and record your answers on the answer sheet.
- Work on questions that require lengthy calculations and record your answers on the answer sheet.
- Questions that seem difficult or not familiar to you and may need considerable time in searching in your references should be left to the end.
- Never leave an answer blank.
- Remember the D4 rule:
DO NOT EXPECT THE EXAM TO BE EASY
DO NOT PANIC
DO NOT WASTE TOO MUCH TIME ON A SINGLE EASY, DIFFICULT, OR UNFAMILAR PROBLEM
DO NOT LEAVE AN ANSWER BLANK
Suggested by Dr. Mansour